Blood, sweat and pixelsOn September 9, 2020 by
Blood, sweat and pixels … it turns out that computer games are incredibly difficult to make. This is not fun, but crazy work. And that’s why:
Almost all games are interactive
The developer needs to think over a million actions that the user can perform in the game. This is a titanic work. And sometimes you can’t do without a huge team of testers.
Technology is constantly changing
The cooler your computer, the more beauty you will expect from games. Therefore, games should always be at the forefront of technology so as not to be out of date by the time they are released.
Developers use a huge number of tools
The real success of a game is not how well it is drawn, but how well thought out its engine is. This sea of virtual machines and technologies must work smoothly and harmoniously.
Working on a game is absolutely unpredictable!
While it is possible to make some predictions based on past experience when creating conventional software, then with games everything is different. It is almost impossible to determine by what time this or that game will be released, how many resources will be required for its production. The game developer is constantly moving as if blindly.
Until you play the game, it is impossible to predict whether it will be successful.
Very often, due to inconsistencies in the plot, developers have to redo everything, throwing away many months of painstaking work in the trash.
And most importantly …
Everyone who makes video games constantly goes through periods of protracted months of rush work, thereby sacrificing family and personal life for endless work.
Making games is really hard. However, it can also be incredibly profitable. The efforts of the developers pay off and they earn tens and even hundreds of millions of dollars. Jason Schreyer, a gaming and technology media columnist and author of Blood, Sweat and Pixels, recounts the most successful of these.
….. more info can be found here «Road to 100k Instagram Followers»!
- As melhores atrações da Irlanda que não pode perder
- De veiligheid dat de achteruitrijcamera u verzekert
- Buy a house in the political centre of the Netherlands: The Hague
- Waarom u bij waterschade niet altijd de juiste vergoeding ontvangt van uw verzekering
- Een overzichtelijke website als verbetering van de onderneming
- Business / Automotive
- Business / Business Services
- Business / Consumer Goods and Services
- Business / Electronics and Electrical
- Business / Human Resources
- Business / Industrial Goods and Services
- Business / Marketing and Advertising
- Business / Real Estate
- Business / Transportation and Logistics
- Home and Garden